|DAY 1 - 5 NOVEMBER|
|>>> GO TO DAY 2|
|08.00 – 09.00||Registrations and coffee|
|09.00 – 09.30||Introduction
Christian Westermeier, President, SolarPower Europe
Ditte Juul Jørgensen, Director General for Energy, DG Energy, European Commission
|09.30 - 11.00||Here comes the sun: Why solar & energy storage are ready for much faster growth today in Europe
The European solar market is expected to grow very strong this year and add around 20 GW, that’s more than any other power generation technology. The panel will discuss the following questions: Why solar needs to play a much larger role in Europe as soon as possible? What’s needed to provide rapid and sustainable growth of low-cost solar power in Europe? What’s the role energy storage has to play to support solar’s growth today and tomorrow?
Input presentation: Markus Höhner, CEO, International Battery Energy Storage Alliance (IBESA)
• Eva Chamizo Llatas, President, EASE
• Matthias Taft, Chairman of Management Board, BayWa r.e.
• Laurent Schmitt*, General Secretary, ENTSO-E
• Kerstin Andreae*, Secretary General, BEW
|11.00 - 11.30||Coffee break|
|11.30 - 13.00||With a little help from some friends: digitalisation & artificial intelligence - choosing the right tools to manage a distributed solar-powered Europe |
IOT, big data and analytics are revolutionising the energy sector. For solar, digitalisation holds the promise of a smarter energy system, supporting the penetration of distributed solar and opening the door to innovative & high-added value business models.
Input presentation: Ditlev Engel, Energy CEO, DNVGL
• Frauke Thies, Executive Director, smartEN
• Ray Pinto, Policy Director, Digital Europe
• Roland Huempfner, Leader of Huawei Energy Competence Center Europe
• Leonardo Botti, Global Head of Product Management, ABB
|Ticket to ride: solar mobility - Digital solar & storage's role in the transport sector transformation
Digital & storage hold the key to a solar-powered mobility. But are we talking only EV’s ? This sessions explores the challenges of solar mobility across different transport modes - boats, trains, planes – and brings forward the experience from leading actors across Europe.
Input presentation: Presentation of the Solar Mobility report, Christelle Verstraeten, Senior Director for European Policy, Chargepoint
• Karima Delli, Member of the European Parliament and Chair of the Transport Committee, European Parliament
• Amit Larom, VP & Regional General Manager Western Europe, SolarEdge Technologies
• Laura Buffet, Director Clean Fuels, Transport & Environment
• Bernd Kuepker*, Policy Officer, Renewables and CCS policy, DG ENER, European Commission
• Fathi Tlatli*, Global Automotive Sector President, DHL Customer Solutions and Innovation (CSI)
|13.00 - 14.00||Lunch|
|14.00 – 15.30||Come together: sector coupling - How digital solar & storage will change the energy sector beyond power, bridging 2020 to 2030 and towards a carbon neutral Europe in 2050|
This session will look at the potential of sector coupling, the integration of the various energy consumption sectors with the energy sector.
Input presentation: Christian Breyer*, Professor, LUT University
• Kristina Haverkamp, CEO, DENA
• Thomas Ringer, Head of Solutions and Product Management Team, Fronius International
• Florian Ermacora, Head of Wholesale Markets; electricity and gas, European Commission
• Giovanni Tula, CIO, Enel Green Power
|We can work it out: blockchain & solar - What comes after the initial hype?
In this session, participants will learn how various companies across the globe are using the Energy Web Chain—the open-source blockchain developed by Energy Web Foundation (EWF)—to deploy state-of-the-art solutions for renewable energy and electric vehicle markets. Panelists will showcase their respective company's digital, blockchain-based solutions, then discuss the business value these solutions unlock and the near-term opportunities and challenges.
•Observe how different companies across the globe are using blockchain technology to build innovative types of digital solutions for renewable energy, electric vehicle, and other distributed energy resource markets—using the specific example of Energy Web Origin.
•Understand the business value that these solutions are unlocking for these companies and their customers.
•Evaluate the near-term opportunities and challenges for developing and rolling out new solutions like those showcased for customers.
Moderator: Meerim Ruslanova, Regulatory Analyst, Energy Web Foundation
• Loic Tilman, Project Innovation Manager, Elia Group
• Ole Langniß, CEO & Co-Owner, Oli Systems
• Thierry Mathieu*, Co-Founder, TEO
• Sabine Brink*, Blockchain Lead, Shell
|15.30 - 16.00||Coffee break|
|16.00 – 17.30||Revolution?: Digital solar start-up award
In this session, the finalists of our Digital Solar Start-up Award 2019 will present their business proposals to a jury, which will put the candidates to the test, after which the audience will pick the winner.
Keynote speech: Erik van Wijk, Innovation Lead, Climate-KIC
|17.30 – 19.00||Networking drinks|
|19.00 – 22.00||Gala dinner and startup awards at La Fabbrica|